Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Bone Church at Kutna Hora




Beneath this rather charming small church about fifty miles outside Prague is an ossuary - a place decorated entirely with bones. See wikipedia here


Very halloween-y and a bit disturbing.


Written in the bones...


A bone chandelier.


A pile of the same...


Part of the family crest.
After that a change of scenery and another part of the town



with terraced gardens


St Barbara's Cathedral


and a restaurant with a garden and a wood pile


and a pail beneath the Virginia creeper.





5 comments:

  1. Rather creepy - I rather think I saw a similar ossuary years ago in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creepy. I don't like it at all.
    But St. Barbara's Cathedral, Brilliant !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ossuary is fascinating. Perfect for an October blog post.
    My last post was about all the "barbara" coincidences near my birthday- now you've given me another one- St. Barbara's Cathedral.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen anything like it, quite fascinating but gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although we drove through what is now the Check (spelling!) republic we did not see this place nor the bone church (which I'm rather glad I did not!) Interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!